Welcome to cooking with five brothers one sister.
If you have enjoyed your visit please leave a comment.

Friday, May 14, 2010

coriander and macadamia nut pesto


A couple of years ago I was served a lovely bowl of pasta with prawns and a coriander and macadamia nut pesto at a friend's house on my way to Sydney.
It is something that I have wanted to make since.
I made it on Friday night for tea and it was just as delicious as I remembered.

Pasta with Prawns and Creamy Macadamia and Coriander Pesto
Ingredients:
Spaghetti cooked al dente
Prawns peeled
1 1/2 bunch coriander
1 - 1 1/2 C macadamias lightly toasted
2 cloves garlic
Juice of one lime
1/4 C oil - macadamia if you have it
Cream to taste

Method:
Place coriander, macadamias, garlic in food processor and process until smooth, add lime juice. Drizzle in oil while processor is going.
You can use the pesto as is in place of basil pesto 
or to serve it with the prawns mix in 1/4-1/2 C cream to taste, stir through hot pasta. 
Stir through prawns.
For my large family it was easier to just sprinkle the prawns on top once I had put the pasta in each bowl, I also cut them in half as they were fairly large.

No comments:

Post a Comment