Welcome to cooking with five brothers one sister.
If you have enjoyed your visit please leave a comment.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

orange cake with chocolate icing


VCH was home on Wednesday so I thought I would whip up the orange cake and ice it with chocolate icing.
It was delicious. 
I love the combination of chocolate and orange.
This was a simple cocoa powder, icing sugar and hot water icing.
On Friday we had two lots of visitors, some for morning tea and some for afternoon tea, so I made this cake again but cooked it in two smallish loaf pans.
I then made a chocolate ganache.
Heat 200ml cream- do not let it boil and then add 200g dark chocolate and stir until dissolved, it thickens as it cools.
For the first cake I just put some on like icing when it had cooled a bit.
For the second cake that I served in the afternoon I reheated the chocolate and put it in a jug. 
The cake was then served with the chocolate sauce poured over it and whipped cream.
Just delicious!
Served like this it would make a lovely dessert if you wanted be be a little decadent add some Grand Marnier to the chocolate.
My next experiment with this cake recipe is to use one of the tangelos that VCH was given last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment