Welcome to cooking with five brothers one sister.
If you have enjoyed your visit please leave a comment.

Friday, July 16, 2010

roasted pumpkin soup


We have heaps of pumpkins at the moment from the garden, so some pumpkin soup was in order.
I love pumpkin soup but VCH is not so keen, so I tend to make it for a winter lunch when he is not home.

My favourite way is to roast the pumpkin with some onion and garlic and a little olive oil.
Then I add it to some chicken or vegetable stock I have made and blend it.
Salt, cracked pepper and some freshly grated nutmeg finish it off.
Serve with a dollop of sour cream.

Yesterday I also made some cheese scones.


I made scones the usual way adding some grated cheddar, parmesan cheese and a little bit of smoked paprika when mixing in the milk.
After cutting them and putting on the tray I sprinkled on some more parmeson and paprika. 
Served hot with the soup they were delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment