Welcome to cooking with five brothers one sister.
If you have enjoyed your visit please leave a comment.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

scones


One of the easiest and quickest things I make for morning tea would have to be scones.
Let me tell you I hate rubbing in with a passion- if a recipe told me to rub in forget it- well that was how it used to be until I discovered the wonders of the food processor. Now when the recipes tells me to rub in I will automatically reach for my trusty food processor. This works great for shortcrust pastry, biscuits and scones. So here is my scone recipe from my good old Common Sense Cookery Book, adapted for the food processor.

Scones
Ingredients:
2 C self raising flour
pinch salt (most of the time I don't add this)
2 T butter
1C milk

Method:
1. Heat oven to 230 C- 260 C
2. Put flour and salt and butter into your food processor and turn on, whiz for about 30 seconds.
3. While food processor is running pour in the milk slowly, you may not need all of it.
4. Turn processor off when dough comes together in a ball.
5. Place onto a floured bench and flatten to 2cm thick
6. Cut with a round cutter and place onto a greased tray (I usually use baking paper)
7. Place in oven for 10 minutes when light brown on top turn oven down to 180 C for a further 5-10 minutes until cooked through.
8. Serve hot with condiments of your choice.

I will usually include whipped cream ( I always make Vienna Cream with icing sugar and vanilla) with my scones and as pictured here we have passionfruit butter and lemon butter, but butter and jam are lovely as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment