Welcome to cooking with five brothers one sister.
If you have enjoyed your visit please leave a comment.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

apple turnovers


We love these for breakfast, morning tea or dessert.
They are quick and easy to make.
I usually use frozen puff pastry and tinned pie apple.
But I have made them with my own pastry and stewed apples.

Apple Turnovers
Large tin Pie Apple (425g)
Sultanas (optional)
Cinnamon (optional)

6 sheets puff pastry (makes 24)
Icing sugar
Whipped cream or ice cream to serve

1. Cut pastry sheets into four squares, place a spoonful of pie apple on each, sprinkle with cinnamon and sultanas if you want to, or you can mix it all into a bowl and just spoon from there.
2. Fold over pastry square to make a triangle and press edge with a fork.
3. Put on an oven tray with baking paper and bake at 220C until cooked 10-15 minutes (I use my fan bake option on my oven which heats top and bottom evenly which is great for pastry, if you don't have this you may need to turn them over to brown the other side)
4. Cool on wire rack for 5-10 minutes and sprinkle with icing sugar.
5. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
(NB the cream in the photo had cocoa powder added to it for some chocolate scones I made the day before)


This is the pattern left by the icing sugar after I sprinkled them the other day, I thought it looked cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment