Welcome to cooking with five brothers one sister.
If you have enjoyed your visit please leave a comment.

Friday, September 4, 2009

wednesday night's tea


On Wednesday night we enjoyed a scrumptious tea.
I cooked my favourite lamb cutlets (which are affordable when you buy a whole lamb).
I always do something with lamb cutlets because they are such a special cut of meat.
This time I crumbed them.
I have found an easy short cut.
Mix breadcrumbs with melted butter, grated parmesan or some other hard cheese, and chopped parsley together in a bowl.
Press onto each side of the cutlet and grill under the griller in your oven.
This was accompanied by boiled potatoes tossed in butter and parsley, green beans lightly cooked so they are still green and crisp and honeyed carrots.
So simple yet so delicious.

Strawberries are cheap at the moment so we had strawberries and cream for dessert.
We don't often have dessert but who can resist strawberries and cream?
I quartered the strawberries sprinkled them with sugar and a splash of balsamic vinegar- it might sound strange but it really brings out the sweetness. After they had marinated about 1/2 an hour I added some chopped fresh mint and served them with whipped cream MMMMM!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment